The Hemostat of Choice when Gelatin Sponge Preferred
Gelostat Film is a specially designed very thin sterile absorbable hemostat, particularly prepared for use at narrow surgical site.
It is white, water insoluble, nonelastic, porous, pliable product prepared from Purified Skin Gelatin using double distilled water. It can absorb more than 40 – 50 times its own weight.
- Fast acting haemostatic agent
- Absorbs 40 – 50 times its own weigh in Blood
- Complete absorption in 4 – 6 weeks when left in situ
- Extremely thin for convenient use in surgeries of space constrained area
- Can be cut into any desired shape or size without fragmentation
- Absorbable Gelatin Sponge is white, pliable, water insoluble, nonelastic, porous
- Sterilized using Gamma irradiation
- Dual pouch packing to ensure sterility of product
- Does not cause any immunogenic or allergic response
- Also available in Regular sizes
Gelostat can be used dry or saturated with sterile saline, thrombin or antibiotic solution for wide range of surgeries such as
- Gynecological Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Otolaryngological Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Ano Rectal Surgery
- Partial Nephroctomy
- ENT Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Genito Urinary Surgery
- Oral Dental Surgery
- Malignant tumor associated surgery etc.
Each carton contains 1 piece of 100 mm x 70 mm x 2.5 mm sized double enveloped Gelostat Film.