Ridged, Absorbable, Gelatin Sponge Haemostat
- Gelostat* FA is a sterile ridged, absorbable, gelatin sponge haemostat, particularly prepared for surgical use. It is a white, water insoluble, non elastic, porous, pliable product which can rapidly control capillary and venous bleeding.
Absorbable Gelatin Sponge
- Patented design of Gelostat* FA (ridged Surface); offers more surface area
- Faster Absorption; better haemostasis minimizes blood loss, allows a dry, clearly visible surgical field and reduces precious time in the operation theatre.
- Absorbs 35-40 times its own weight of blood and fluids.
- Can be cut into desired size and shape without fragmentation.
- Fully Bio-degradable in about 4-6 weeks
- It is non-immunogenic, non-allergenic
- Easy to handle ; does not stick to gloves or instruments
- Gelostat* FA is used in surgical procedures as a haemostatic device to assist in stopping capillary, venous, and arteriolar bleeding when pressure, ligature, and other conventional procedures are either ineffective or impractical.
In surgical procedures like:
- Abdominal surgery
- Neuro surgery
- Gynecological surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Dental surgery
- Otolaryngological surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Genito urinary surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Malignant tumor associated surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Cut a piece of Gelostat* FA sponge to the desired size depending on the bleeding area.
- Immerse Gelostat* FA in physiological salt solution or thrombin or antibiotic solution of desired concentration, as required. However, squeeze the soaked sponge before use so that the gelatin sponge regains its original size and shape.
- Apply Gelostat* FA to the bleeding area for a few seconds, using light pressure with a gauze sponge previously dampened with drops of physiological salt solution.
- Gauze sponge can be then easily removed from Gelostat* FA absorbable gelatin sponge.
- Use suction, if necessary, to hasten haemostasis with the formation of clot. While using suction, interpose gauze compress, previously dampened with physiological saline, between the suction tube & gelatin sponge.
- Gauze compress can be removed after achieving a haemostasis.
Each carton contains
2 regular sized
(80mm x 50mm x 10mm)
double enveloped Gelostat FA