Highly Absorbent. Faster Gelling. Better Wet Strength
- Calgisorb* is a sterile, white-to-off white, soft, conformable, non-woven, calcium alginate dressing for moderate to heavy exudating wounds. The dressing absorbs wound fluid to form a gelatinous mass which provides a moist wound healing environment.
Composition: Calcium Alginate
- Faster gelling and gel blocking; prevents lateral wicking and reduces risk of maceration
- Significant wet strength property; maximizes the potential for one piece removal
- High absorbency nature; extends dressing wear time
- Faster Gelling; Provides moist wound environment
- Promotes autolytic debridement; Prevents tissue dehydration and cell death
- Highly absorbent; up to 20 times its own weight
- Low adhesion to the wound; allows one piece & pain free removal
- Flexible, moldable and cutable; can be cut to required size
- Haemostatic properties; can be used in bleeding wounds
- Calgisorb* dressings are recommended for moderate to heavy exuding wounds, deep and tunneling wounds
- Leg ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Graft and donor site
- Partial and Full-thickness burns
- Pilonidal sinus wounds and traumatic wounds
- Pressure ulcers, stage II; stage III
- Trauma wound
- Oncology wound
- Bleeding wound
- Post surgical wounds
- Rope Dressing is mainly used for deep wounds, tunneling wounds or tracts that needs to be filled.
- Pad Dressing:
Prepare the wound bed & peri-wound skin as per your facility’s protocol
Select a size of Calgisorb* pad that is slightly larger than the wound. Cut/ trim Calgisorb* ( using sterile scissors), as per the size of the wound or fold Calgisorb* pad to the size & shape of the wound Place Calgisorb* pad in the wound bed properly with no more than 1/8 inch overlap at wound edge. This overlap is necessary, as dressing will retract slightly as it absorbs. Cover with a secondary dressing. Make sure that the cover dressing can overlap the wound edge by at least an inch . Using gloved finger or a sterile cotton tip applicator/ forceps, gently fill the wound depth with Calgisorb* Rope, cutting off any extra dressing Make sure that Calgisorb* rope contacts all wound surfaces Cover with a secondary dressing. Make sure that the cover dressing can overlap the wound edge by at least an inch
- Gently remove the secondary dressing
- Using gloved fingers/ sterile forceps slowly remove Calgisorb* from the wound bed.
- Rinse away remaining gel with gentle irrigation .
- If Calgisorb* appears dry or adheres to the wound, saturate with sterile saline/ wound cleanser to aid in removal.
Available pack size:
|Dressing Size(cm)||Shape||Per carton|
|5 x 5||PAD||10|
|10 x 10||PAD||10|
|2 x 30||ROPE||5|